OUR MOST MINIMAL BAREFOOT-LIKE FEEL
The Nike Free 3.0 Men's Running Shoe is designed for runners seeking the most flexible and natural ride, with an ultra-low, ultra-flexible midsole that offers the benefits of natural motion in a minimalist design.
The flex groove outsole-made up of deep cuts along the length and width of the midsole-enhances natural range of motion, encourages a smooth, efficient stride and helps maintain stability.
The Nike Free 3.0 is the most barefoot-like of the Nike Free family. The ultra-low midsole features a 4mm offset from heel to forefoot height for an incredibly flexible, natural ride. Plus, the Phylite material in the midsole is tough enough to double as an outsole, dramatically reducing the shoe's overall weight.
An inner bootie hugs the foot for a snug, secure fit. It's made of ultra-breathable engineered mesh that provides a dynamic, sock-like feel yet still allows for easy on and off.
NIKE FREE ORIGINS
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion.
The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.
- Minimal no-sew overlays for lightweight support and comfort
- Diagonal cuts through the arch to encourage natural motion flexibility and help increase foot strength
- Minimalistic, molded sockliner mimics the foot's curvature for a great fit, enhanced comfort and added support
- Abrasion-resistant rubber under high-wear areas for enhanced durability
- Waffle outsole pistons for enhanced traction and durability and a more efficient toe-off
- Weight: 7.1 ounces (men's size 9)
- Offset: 4mm