FLEXIBLE WITH A DYNAMIC FIT
The Nike Free Trainer 3.0 NRG Men's Shoe blends a supportive, glove-like upper with ultimate flexibility for a barefoot-like experience. A Phylon midsole offers lightweight cushioning, and Nike Free sipes allow for natural range of motion.
- Partial mesh inner sleeve for breathability and a snug fit that allows for easy on and off
- Dynamic Fit technology wraps the midfoot for a glove-like feel
- Straps anchored under the foot that connect to the laces allow for a customized fit
- Phylon midsole for lightweight cushioning
- Deep Nike Free sipes for natural range of motion and barefoot-like comfort
NIKE FREE ORIGINS
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion.
The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.